Quicksilver Running Club Youth Team practices are currently on hold until further notice. We will make an announcement and update the calendar when practices resume.
Since 2014 the Quicksilver Running Club (QRC) of San Jose has had a youth running program for ages 8 to 18 to provide a safe and enjoyable way for local youth to run and train together.
In addition to the health and training benefits of participating in a running program, there are other advantages of the QRC youth program:
- Our affiliation with Pacific Association of USATF helps assure the youth are in a safe environment;
- all volunteer coaches are runners with years of experience and are certified and/or registered as coaches with PAUSATF;
- runners can compete at all sanctioned USATF meets and are eligible to qualify for regional and national championship events;
- and the youth have chance to share in the passion of running and, if interested, compete as part of a team.
All coaches are USATF Register and 4 of them are USATF Level 1 Certified. The coaches are:
- Head Coach - Laura Braun
- Co-Head Coach - Jeff Eisenman
- Co-Head Coach - Marc Klemencic
- Asst. Coach - Sylvie Abel
- Head Coach Summit Chapter - Beau Van Zante
Youth Program Philosophy
- Share our passion and knowledge of running and promote the lifelong enjoyment of the sport,
- Provide a safe environment for running where athletes are aware of their responsibilities to ensure safety,
- Expose each team member to the challenge of training and competing as both an individual and as a team,
- Empower athletes to be responsible for their behavior, performance, and decisions,
- Encourage sportsmanship within the team and with fellow competitors,
- Help each individual set goals and work with them to improve their conditioning, and
- Support and encourage each individual athlete’s competitive drive and encourage fun.
The team typically practices all year averaging about 3 days a week and last from 1 to 1.5 hours. We gear practices towards runners of all levels, ages and conditioning and we generally hold them on local trails. Practices are planned to develop speed, strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination in a safe and fun team atmosphere in locations where they can experience the natural beauty of our parks and trails.
- With the Santa Clara County COVID-19 restrictions and protocols in place, the Youth Team is limiting participants to Middle School and High School age. You can see the current schedule at https://qrcyouthrunningteam.shutterfly.com/calendar. Santa Clara County COVID-19 Protocols are discussed and temperatures are checked prior to practice. If athletes have any symptoms related to COVID-19, they will not be allowed to practice. Athletes should bring a mask with them to wear prior to and after runs. It is also encouraged to use during runs when others are nearby.
For more information (incl. times) you can contact one of the coaches - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Gatos (Summit Chapter)
now offering an additional location In Los Gatos with coach Beau Van
Zante. We meet every Monday and Wednesday 4 to 5 pm. Practices are
geared for youth ages 6 and up. Come check it out!
- Location: Right side of Gym 23800 Summit Rd, Los Gatos, CA 95033
- Contact: email@example.com 805-720-2864
How to join