Since 2014 the Quicksilver Running Club (QRC) of San Jose has had a youth running program for ages 8 to 18 to provide a safe and enjoyable way for local youth to run and train together.
In addition to the health and training benefits of participating in a running program, there are other advantages of the QRC youth program:
- Our affiliation with Pacific Association of USATF helps assure the youth are in a safe environment;
- all volunteer coaches are runners with years of experience and are certified and/or registered as coaches with PAUSATF;
- runners can compete at all sanctioned USATF meets and are eligible to qualify for regional and national championship events;
- and the youth have chance to share in the passion of running and, if interested, compete as part of a team.
All coaches are USATF Register and 4 of them are USATF Level 1 Certified. The coaches are:
- Head Coach - Laura Braun
- Co-Head Coach - Jeff Eisenman
- Co-Head Coach - Marc Klemencic
- Asst. Coach - Sylvie Abel
- Head Coach Summit Chapter - Beau Van Zante
Youth Program Philosophy
- Share our passion and knowledge of running and promote the lifelong enjoyment of the sport,
- Provide a safe environment for running where athletes are aware of their responsibilities to ensure safety,
- Expose each team member to the challenge of training and competing as both an individual and as a team,
- Empower athletes to be responsible for their behavior, performance, and decisions,
- Encourage sportsmanship within the team and with fellow competitors,
- Help each individual set goals and work with them to improve their conditioning, and
- Support and encourage each individual athlete’s competitive drive and encourage fun.
The team typically practices all year averaging about 3 days a week and last from 1 to 1.5 hours. We gear practices towards runners of all levels, ages and conditioning and we generally hold them on local trails. Practices are planned to develop speed, strength, endurance, flexibility and coordination in a safe and fun team atmosphere in locations where they can experience the natural beauty of our parks and trails.
- With the Santa Clara County COVID-19 restrictions and protocols in place, the Youth Team is limiting participants to Middle School and High School age and is meeting at Castillero Middle School on Thursday and Saturday at 9:00am and at Guadalupe Oak Grove Park on Tuesday at 9:00am. Santa Clara County COVID-19 Protocols are discussed and temperatures are checked prior to practice. If athletes have any symptoms related to COVID-19, they will not be allowed to practice.
For more information (incl. times) you can contact one of the coaches - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Gatos (Summit Chapter)
now offering an additional location In Los Gatos with coach Beau Van
Zante. We meet every Monday and Wednesday 4 to 5 pm. Practices are
geared for youth ages 6 and up. Come check it out!
- Location: Right side of Gym 23800 Summit Rd, Los Gatos, CA 95033
- Contact: email@example.com 805-720-2864
How to join